Our volunteers are all ages and come from all backgrounds, each contributing something different to our community.
Home Library Service
Many in our community either permanently or temporarily cannot make it to the library so the Home Library Service brings the library to them.
Are you available to travel to people's homes and deliver books? You will receive training and extensive support to perform this vital role. Your visit will make a positive difference in peoples lives.
Students who study online often use our library for exams. If you are available to help supervise exams, let us know.
Go on a fascinating journey into the past with our Local Studies unit. Help people discover their family history through Ancestry or Find My Past databases or organise research trips.
A truely rewarding opportunity for keen historians.
Want to make a difference in your community and learn new skills? Earn community service hours and gain job experience by assisting library staff and helping to make the library a better place. To be eligible, you must be a member of the Library and fill out a volunteer application. Priority will be given to students who live and study in the Warringah area.
What do student volunteers do?
- Put away library material and tidy the shelves
- Help keep the library looking great
- Prepare craft projects and handouts
- Assist with library programs and events
- Help library customers access library technology, and
- Perform other tasks assigned by library staff.
Qualifications and skills
- An interest in helping others
- Willingness to perform a variety of projects and tasks
- Dependability and willingness to complete assigned projects/tasks and fulfill volunteer commitments
- Capable of following instructions, working independently and focusing on fairly detailed tasks
- Ability to work cooperatively with other volunteers and staff members, and
- Be respectful to others and follow the library’s Conditions of Membership.
How to apply
Fill out an online adult application form here. If you have any questions, call us on 9942 2449. We welcome students contacting us to discuss our volunteer program.
School uniform, or smart casual clothes that are appropriate for working with the public.