Second Hand Saturdays is an opportunity for you to make some money, meet your neighbours and help the environment.
Hold a garage sale the Saturday before your bulky goods clean up collection.
It is FREE to participate and provides a great opportunity for you to reduce what you put out for collection which potentially ends up in landfill.
There are two ways Second Hand Saturdays can help reduce waste going to landfill:
- Hold a garage sale the Saturday before you place items out for your scheduled bulky goods clean up
- Shop and find a bargain from a garage sale in your local area
Before completing an online registration the following criteria must be met:
- Choose a suitable site within your property boundary, items are not permitted on the footpath or kerbside
- No dangerous goods, chemicals, faulty electrical items, firearms or rubbish
- If your garage sale is held on the last Saturday before your Bulky Goods General Clean up you can place your unsold items on the kerbside after your sale
- Commercial properties, clubs, churches and schools are not eligible to register for Second Hand Saturday
Saturday, 18 February 2017
99 Prince Charles Road, Belrose 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Second Hand Saturdays FAQ
Yes, as long as you have a bulky goods clean up collection the week immediately following your garage sale.
You will receive a collection notice in your letterbox three weeks before your bulky goods clean up if you are a former Warringah resident. If you are a former Pittwater or Manly resident you will need to book a Bulky Goods Clean Up collection. Book a clean-up in the former Manly Council or former Pittwater Council.
Once you have your bulky goods clean up collection notice, fill in the online registration form and submit it by 12.00pm the Monday before your garage sale.
We will then advertise your address and date and time of sale (not your name) in the week before your garage sale.
Any items you do not sell can be placed on your kerb for the Bulky Goods Clean Up collection which should be the following week.