Filming in Warringah



Warringah has a variety of locations that can be used in stills photography or filming, including beaches, rockpools, lagoons, bushland, parks, reserves, playgrounds, swimming pools and even a waste and recycling centre, which can double as 'The Outback'.


Approval for filming

Filmmakers must obtain approval from Council to film on any of Council's roads or land.  Please complete a filming application with as many details and supporting documentation as possible and send the booking form to us.

Approval from Council for filming on privately owned land is not normally required. However, we recommend you contact us if you feel the filming may impact on the street or neighbours.

News crews do not need approval to film on Council land.

Council Assessment

We'll let you know you're application has been received.  Please contact us should you wish to know the status of your approval. Every effort will be made to send the approval documentation to you as soon as possible. Please ensure that ample time is provided for assessment, if not we may not be able to supply the approval for your filming. 

Once the filming is approved you will be sent a rental contract, conditions of use and an invoice.

Fees and charges

The relevant adopted fees and charges will be applied to each request. Please note that applications received for a filming event that is scheduled 48 hours or less from the day of receipt may incur an additional processing fee. 


Once you have the approval documentation you can pay in person at Council’s Civic Centre at Dee Why or, post in a cheque (made payable to Warringah Council) or money order to:

Customer Service

Warringah Council

725 Pittwater Rd,

DEE WHY, NSW, 2099

We accept Amex, Visa, Mastercard and EFTPOS over the counter at Customer Service. Please note that there is a 1% charge on all credit card payments. Sorry, we currently do not accept credit card payments via phone or internet and do not accept EFT.

Things to consider when filming in Warringah


If you are filming in one of our metered car parks, please contact us to pre-arrange parking permits. These will be charged at the relevant adopted fees and charges.  Adherance to all onstreet parking time limts and restrictions is expected throughout the shoot.

Road closures or stopping traffic

Any requests to close roads or car parks or stop traffic must be accompanied by a Traffic Control Plan. This plan must be prepared by a Roads and Maritime Services authorised person. Filming on state or regional roads must be approved by the Transport Management Centre before you seek Council approval.

State Roads

  • Warringah Road
  • Pittwater Road
  • Condamine Street
  • Burnt Bridge Creek Deviation
  • Mona Vale Road
  • McCarrs Creek Road
  • Wakehurst Parkway
  • Forest Way
  • West Head Road
  • Liberator General San Martin Drive



Reserves Vehicle Access Permit Application Form and Guidelines

You can also apply online.

Filming and Photography Application Form

Brookvale Park Booking Application Form

For booking any of the facilites at Brookvale Park including the sportsfield or the Presidents Lounge.


Parks and Reserves Booking Application Form

Community Centre Regular Hire Application and Terms & Conditions