Searching for career AND lifestyle? Then Warringah Council is the right place for you! A challenging career; a range of lifestyle benefits; a values based culture: we are bringing it together in our unique bushland and beaches environment.
At Warringah Council, we recognise that there is much more to our employees than just the job they perform for us. For this reason, we have developed a comprehensive list of benefits focused on our employee's wellbeing, development, lifestyle and financial future. These benefits include (but are not limited to):
Reward and Recognition
- Salary Increases – award and/or CPI increases provided annually.
- Service Awards – provided to staff for longevity of service once they have reached 10 years of service and in increments of 5 years.
- Performance Awards – categories of performance awards available.
- Car Parking – car parking areas available for staff to use.
- Vehicles – option of salary packaging vehicles for staff on designated contracts.
- Mobile Phones – available to employees in designated positions for business use and $20 per month of personal use, all personal charges above this amount to be paid for by the employee at our great corporate call rates.
Health and Wellbeing
- Onsite Gym – we offer an onsite gym at Civic Centre for permanent staff to use free of charge.
- Fitness Activities / Memberships – up to 50% reimbursement of fees associated with fitness activities/initiatives to a maximum amount of $200 per annum.
- Warringah Aquatic Centre – free swimming pool access for permanent staff.
- Bi-annual Motivational Mornings – guest motivational speakers on a range of topics with breakfast provided.
- Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 access to professional counsellors to help staff and their families if they need professional advice on issues that may affect their health, work, performance or personal relationships.
- Influenza Shots – free annual flu shots for all staff interested.
- Health Checks & Assessments – ad hoc health checks and assessments arranged throughout the year.
- Study Assistance – a maximum of $2,000 or 50% of the course fees only, whichever is the lesser, per full year of study.
- Study Leave – up to 2 weeks paid study leave per year.
- In-house courses – a range of courses are run in house and available to all staff.
- Conferences and Seminars – opportunities to attend conferences and seminars relevant to your position.
- Paid Parental Leave – once 12 months service has been completed, staff members have options of paid parental leave: 9 weeks leave on full pay, 18 weeks leave on half pay or a combination on full and half pay.
- Paid Parental Leave – once 12 months service has been completed, partners are entitled to up to 10 days paid concurrent parental leave from their accrued sick leave balance at the time their partner gives birth to a child or at the time of adoption.
- Carers Leave – use of sick leave entitlements to care for an immediate family member.
- Childcare – salary sacrifice arrangements for childcare fees at Warringah Council childcare facilities.
- Break Out Areas – a number of break out areas with supplied tea, coffee and milk.
- Transfer Entitlements – accumulated benefits transferable if moving from another council
- Long Service Leave – available after completion of 5 years service.
- Superannuation – choice of the Local Government Super Fund or your own nominated fund.
- End of Year Gifts – provided to all staff at end of year.
- Social Club – a staff committee run a social club which offers events, activities and discounts to its members.
- Concessional Leave – extra leave days provided at end of year period.
- Picnic Day – one day annually is declared picnic day and is provided as paid leave to all staff.
- Casual Friday – the last Friday of each month is "Casual Friday". Staff may wear smart-casual clothing instead of normal, professional work clothing. This program is voluntary, however it is open only to staff who make a donation to the Warringah Council Staff Charity Fund.